Desktop/Customer Support Analyst
Remote Work Authorized
Jan 31, 2013, 5:36:27 PM
CSC is recruiting for a Desktop/Customer Support Analyst to perform the following duties:
Additional Job Functions
- Morning operational readiness check: Validate server processes running, Remove lingering users from applications, Validate connectivity, BPO Walk Around to verify stability.
- General Administration: Add remove users from BPO domain and applications, Maintain software licenses, Monitor ticket queue, assign and assist technicians, Assist technicians when necessary.
- Desktop Support: Coordinate and implement desktop software upgrades (Call center solution, imaging, etc), Maintain BPO Operating environment (Java, Internal applications), Work with infrastructure support for standard operating environment (SOE) issues.
- Outage/Restoration Management: Open tickets and broker communications between technical staff and customer representatives, Maintain status communications, Follow up on RCA and translate when necessary.
- Tests, monitors, and troubleshoots a variety of platforms, operating systems, networks and applications using established procedures. Uses monitoring tools and other sources to detect issues. Provides problem resolution support to Help Desk and other appropriate parties; resolves matters of significance or escalates as necessary.
- Documents and tracks reported matters of significance where assigned; ensures issue has been resolved as appropriate and in accordance with established service agreements or procedures.
- Analyzes, prepares and provides updates to internal and external customers during service failures in accordance with established service agreements. Works in conjunction with service providers to resolve failure or escalates as necessary to reduce downtime and maximize system availability.
- Maintains knowledge of new and enhanced applications being developed and the respective platforms; monitors, analyzes and understands change management environment to enhance problem resolution capabilities.
- Creates and maintains systems software and hardware documentation; assesses system information where appropriate to determine appropriateness of other updates and enhancements.
- Initiates and oversees the service restoration process to expedite problem resolution; monitors processes and resolves matters of significance in order to ensure completion in accordance with established service agreements.
- Participates in the implementation of application, system or network changes; conducts testing to ensure installation meets appropriate standards and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- Two or more years of network or system experience in a large mainframe/alternate platform environment
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Some occasional after hours/weekend work
- Technologies required: Windows, Windows Software (Office, etc), Java Runtime
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve matters of significance
- Problem solving skills to troubleshoot varied problems within varied environments
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external customers and vendors
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and requests
- Must be located in Dallas, Texas area
- Experience working with various networks, applications and systems
CSC - 10 months ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...