The Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) System Administrator is responsible for planning, acquisition, implementation, support, tuning, and performance for central server architecture components and operating systems (web servers, application servers, database servers, update servers, etc.) to support the development, testing, and production delivery of enterprise-wide, mission-critical applications and services for the NCTE.
The System Administrator will work in cooperation with Engineering and Operations divisions to assess the current architecture and evolve future enterprise computing requirements.
The System Administrator will manage multi-site Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange services in an enterprise environment. While keeping abreast of current enterprise computing disciplines, this position will work with technology solutions providers, evaluate effective solutions and make operational recommendations to NWDC management. Additional duties include authoring standard operating procedures, training of operations personnel and tier 3 technical support. Individual must work well independently as well as have strong team oriented skills.
- Expert in Active Directory and Microstoft Exchange
- Must manage multi-site Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange services in an enterprise environment
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Server 2003/2008, and troubleshooting tools such as performance monitor
- Should be able to perform group policy user migrations, set up forests trusts, create policies and troubleshoot complex issues in OU sucture
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010 design, administration, and troubleshooting for multiple offices with database availability groups
- Extensive experience automating the monitoring and maintenance of an Exchange 2010 environment with Exchange PowerShell
- Working knowledge of other messaging and server technologies such as SMTP Gateways and SPAM Filtering
- Experience with Windows Servers 2003/2008,Windows desktop operating systems XP and Windows 7 - Experience in systems administration
- Experience monitoring and implementing backup procedures
- Experience with upgrades, migrations and integration
- Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Security + and Linux+ or Microsoft certification
- Bachelor¿s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience
- MCSE: Messaging or MCSM: Messiging
- MCSE: Server Infustructure or MCSM: Directory Services
- Securuty +
Must Currently Hold and be able to maintain a US Secret clearance
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
U.S. Citizenship Required.
Alion creates alliances between science and big government. Alion Science and Technology is an employee-owned development and research...