This position includes the responsibilities of performing hardware or software configurations, normally performed on new equipment prior to the customer receiving their new product. This position operates out of the ESI configuration center and involves quote management received from the sales force or warehouse. The quotes performed by the sales force are the instructions for performing the work including what specifically is to be done via tech-codes and the length of time it should take to perform the activity.
Travel is required, based on the client's needs. Approximately 50% + of travel statewide.
Working knowledge with respect to:
Without Supervision, must be able to:
- Computers, Multiple Operating Systems (including Dos, Win3.1, Win 95 all revs, Win 98 all revs, Win NT, Win7, Win 2000, Apple OS, Linux, Drive duplication / imaging, Hardware Diagnostic Utilities
- Setup and driver installation of all types of Print devices (i.e. dot matrix, Inkjet, Laserjets, color, black & white)
- Peripherals (including but not limited to internal & external modems, sound cards, video cards, network interface cards, SCSI adapters, storage devices, memory, etc.)
- Network Connectivity
- OEM Warranty Procedures
- Appropriate OEM Resources (i.e. manuals, resource CDs, Internet, etc.)
- Drive Duplication / imaging
- Remove PC from packing material, Dispose of packing material, Connect / Setup PC, Assist in the delivery of computers, copiers and other ESI related equipment
- Install all type of peripherals and verify functionality
- Resolve hardware conflicts
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC problems
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Meet the requirements of Electronic Systems Fleet Safety program
- Possess and maintain reliable transportation
- Possess and maintain valid drivers license
- Provide certificate of insurance with adequate liability coverage and include statement from insurance company of their knowledge that you use your vehicle for work
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to drive for 6 hours of the day
- Ability to stand, crouch, walk, kneel, crawl, Client, bend, and perform simple and firm grasping functions with both left and right hands for 6 hours of the day.
- Be prompt and on time to work and scheduled appointments
- Periodically be on call 24 hours a day for various contracts and commitments
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Possess strong phone skills
- Provide updates of service calls upon completion or incompletion of each call to the call support center
- Report to and be prepared to begin work promptly at 8:00 a.m., work a minimum 8 hour day, with a 1 hour lunch, and continue work until 5:00 p.m. These hours may shift as customer or work load demands and should be expected to start prior to 8:00 a.m. and continue past 5:00 p.m.
- Demonstrate the ability to contact account leader, team leader or service management to seek assistance if you are unable to perform the task in a timely fashion or if you encounter any reasons that are preventing the timely resolution of a service call.
- Notify account leader, team leader or service management as soon as you have knowledge of any unscheduled or scheduled time off.
- Contact the service support center and get assigned to the first service call prior to 8:15 a.m. each business day.
- Ability to complete a minimum of 8 installations / configurations in an 8 hours period including travel.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Required: A+ Certification
Preferred: Two / Four year college degree or degree from Vocational Institute in related field of industry.
Preferred: Win7, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Certifications, Compaq ACT / ASP
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and maintains a drug free workplace.
Electronic Systems - 23 months ago
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...