Desktop Support Professional – Richardson, Texas
Every day over 20,000 Amdocs employees, serving customers in more than 60 countries, collaborate to help our customers realize their vision. We have a 30-year track record of ensuring service providers’ success by embracing their most complex, mission-critical challenges. 100% of Fortune’s Global 500 quad-play providers rely on Amdocs to help them run their businesses better.
Amdocs is a ‘can do’ company that leads the industry, is fully accountable and most importantly, always delivers. This is our DNA. Our success has been sparked and sustained by hiring exceptional people. If this sounds like you--- if you have the drive, focus and passion to succeed in a fast-paced, delivery-focused, global environment-- then Amdocs would like to talk with you. Amdocs: Embrace Challenge, Experience Success.
Please Note: All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship now or in the future.
Amdocs is seeking a Desktop Support Professional with excellent customer service skills and proficient in troubleshooting hardware and software. As the Desktop Support Professional, you will be responsible for trouble shooting hardware failures on HP, Lenovo, and Dell desktops and laptops, troubleshooting software issues with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, supporting mobile devices and AV equipment. You will also be responsible for assisting Telephony and Networking with various local tasks.
- 3+ years of hands-on support within an IT Enterprise environment with SLA requirements
- 3+ years of excellent troubleshooting skills for physical and virtual machines, tablet devices, printers, software and network connectivity.
- 3+ years of excellent verbal and written communication with an ability to communicate in technical and non-technical language.
- 3+ years of excellent ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time under pressure.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft XP, Windows 7/8 operating systems and MS Office suite.
- Ability to learn and quickly apply new technical information (including processes/procedures).
All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
- Ability to rack and configure Windows-based server hardware.
- A strong ability to manage, take ownership of IT services and follow through to resolution.
- Quick learner and innovative thinker with an ability to work independently and in a virtual team environment
- Telephony, Networking and video conference experience a plus.
- Microsoft, A+ Certification, or other IT certifications are a plus.
- All Amdocs roles require strong verbal and written communications skills, position-appropriate mentoring/leadership abilities, ability to quickly master new systems and/or processes, capacity to stay organized while managing competing priorities, and a deep customer service orientation, both internally and externally.
Amdocs helps bring telecom companies and their customers together. The company is a leading supplier of customer experience software and...