Consumer Reports tests all kinds of consumer products so you don’t have to. Completely independent of corporate influence – we take no advertising or freebies – we tell you how a product will really perform when you use it. When better information isn’t enough to get you good value, we advocate for laws and standards that encourage competition, and we organize consumers to advocate for themselves. We are nonprofit, supported by donations and by the individuals who pay for our ratings products (Consumer Reports Magazine, Consumer Reports Online, ShopSmart and more). We are driven by our mission. We’ve been around since the 1930s and will be around as long as people need a reliable antidote to misleading advertising and a strong counterbalance to the power of corporations.
The Desktop Support Analyst provides a helpful and friendly first point of contact for the users of the organization with issues related to Apple & Windows hardware and software. The position provides answers to questions and solve known technical problems as well as equipment delivery and repair services. The user community the analyst will be supporting is located in our National Testing and Research Center, in Yonkers, N.Y. and other remote offices across the country.
- College degree with 3+ years’ experience in an IT infrastructure and support environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of virus protection software
- Support experience with PC/Mac systems - troubleshooting issues with both platforms
- Working knowledge of Apple – Mac OS X Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft clients and networking protocols
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong troubleshooting skills and hardware repair/configuration experience.
- Experience supporting a wide variety of printers and peripherals
- Answer user inquiries in person, via telephone and email
- Troubleshoot issues remotely and desk side
- Run diagnostic programs to locate malfunctions
- Install software for both Mac and PCs platforms
- Log and complete hardware and software service requests
- Handles end users calls in reference to information systems problems. Initiates the help desk process through which immediate problems are controlled, recognized, researched, isolated and resolved
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and standards and maintain them based on the evolving of technology within the organization
- Create end user documentation to be used when new software is being introduced in the production environment
- Performs other departmental work but not that of a higher level
- 16 months ago - save job