First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The Desktop Support Technician will be a key member of the IT team and report to the Director of IT. This position is based in Boston, MA. The Desktop Support Technician will be part of the IT Help Desk team, serving at initial contact and provide hands-on technical support for end user incidents and requests. The Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for meeting defined IT service level agreements (SLAs). The Desktop Support Technician must be willing to travel as needed, be willing to work some weekends, and be flexible for rotational assignments such as off-hour on-call rotations.
- Respond to IT Help Desk incidents as first line of contact, acknowledge tickets, and provide client level support until incident is resolved. Support end users in all areas of IT related items through troubleshooting, trainings, and adhering to established SLA.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, network, and access issues; including investigation of the issue, conducting root cause analysis, escalating problems to other team members or vendors, performance tuning, etc.
- Build and deploy new workstations and install computer applications using System Center Configuration Manager and other similar tools.
- Add, remove, or update user account and Exchange mailbox information.
- Provide Audio/Video conferencing support.
- Provision of Cisco IP phones and mobile devices.
- Onsite and offsite installation and configuration of printers, scanners, or other peripherals.
- Manage backups of client computers.
- Monitor health of client computers.
- Participating in change management, incident review, and root cause analysis.
- Conforming to strict security and compliance polices and administer passwords on managed devices.
- Recommend hardware, software, and consumables. Place orders for IT assets, track orders, and coordinate delivery with end users.
- Maintaining up-to-date inventory of IT assets and services.
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation on relevant configurations, procedures, and end user knowledge base articles.
- Participating and contribute in group IT projects. When required, travel to other First Wind sites to assist with IT support.
- Play a proactive role in identifying and helping to resolve critical issues that may arise in each respective office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, CIS, or closely related program.
- MCSE, MCDST, MCITP, or CompTia A+ certifications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT industry, focusing on end user support, systems and/or network administration.
- Advanced knowledge and experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting of Windows desktop computers and Office applications.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, group policies, Exchange, System Center Configuration Manager, and TCP/IP network protocols.
- Experience in workstation imaging and remote software deployment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
First Wind - 16 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...