Vacation Planners, Destination Universal help guests select the very best ticket options for their party. We are looking for Team Members to work independently, without direct supervision in a high-paced environment. Vacation Planners, Destination Universal provide suggestive and persuasive upselling of Universal Orlando and other area attractions' products, while providing exceptional customer service.
Vacation Planners, Destination Universal at Universal Orlando are responsible for:
- Providing quality guest service, booking various service and product reservations, and upselling guest transactions by using persuasive selling techniques to increase the sale of admissions media.
- Being knowledgeable of UO parks and area attractions' tickets and information.
- Processing transactions in Automated Ticketing System for the sale of park admissions media, annual pass products, and other attraction products while maintaining constant surveillance of cash drawer to ensure accuracy.
- Understanding and actively participating in technological communications for business critical information and relevant park and attraction information.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Vacation Planner, Destination Universal successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Vacation Planner, Destination Universal job.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system required. Experience with computer ticketing system preferred. One to three years in a sales position with face-to-face guest contact preferred. Six months to one year prior cash handling experience preferred. Second language a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Bilingual speaking ability a plus.
- Telephone etiquette is highly recommended.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of the Vacation Planner, Destination Universal job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand for extended periods and talk or hear. The individual is occasionally required to walk.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- While performing this job, the noise level in the work environment is moderate.