Doyon Security Services (DSS) is a financially strong and dynamic organization that provides comprehensive security solutions protecting people, property, resources, and assets utilizing a client-centered approach. DSS is seeking experienced and highly qualified Detention Officers (unarmed) for a joint venture project at a DHS/ICE Special Processing Center government facility located in Miami, FL. The Detention Officer is responsible to ensure the safety and security of detainees in custody, acting in accordance with the highest ethical standards at all times, and ensuring a spirit of fairness and integrity in the on-going execution of their duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Exercises surveillance and control over detainees, and maintains order and discipline.
- Attends to housing, feeding, and the physical well-being of detainees, 24 hours a day
- Enforces rules and regulations of the detention facility.
- Provides care, custody and control of detainees
- Guards detainees at deportation or exclusion hearings, during transport, while receiving medical care and when and other duties as assigned
- Recognizes potentially hazardous health, safety or security problems
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The incumbent’s duties are performed in a detention facility environment; working with a wide variety of people from different cultures, backgrounds and speaking various languages, while performing multiple functions.
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must concisely and accurately write narratives of incidents and prepare written reports.
- Ability to pass and maintain the medical and physical testing requirements and standards
- Exercises judgment and uses discretion in dealing with first response to any and all situations. Following required training, incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in methods and techniques of securing and controlling detainees
- Incumbent must maintain physical fitness standards and proficiency with firearms and issued and other special equipment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The incumbent is required to work the majority of hours in an indoor/outdoor detention center environment, standing and walking the majority of time, while maintaining a degree of physical fitness to manage firefighting equipment and other equipment, lift heavy objects and respond quickly to changes in work demands, emerging situations and emergencies.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and Alaska Natives in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
Doyon Government Group - 21 months ago