The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Detention Office r . As a Detention Officer , you will be responsible for the secure and safe transportation, guarding and escorting, of detainees from specified sites to designated points. Detention Officers duties include, but are not limited to, armed transportation services, escorting detainees to and from transport vehicles, and monitoring detainees in your custody.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Inspect and prepare transportation vehicles for daily operation requirements; perform pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicles; fill out required paperwork to report any damage or defects
- Conduct pat-down searches of detainees; ensure that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a facility and while in a vehicle; ensure that all paperwork is obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate destinations
- Safe operation of vehicles; ensures that all safety and legal measures are followed at all time while transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing, including driver’s license or certification requirements
- Must possess a current and valid California Pistol Permit
- Must possess a current and valid California Armed Guard License
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- One (1) year of experience as a civilian or military law enforcement officer
- Six (6) months of experience as a security officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or administrative detainees
- One (1) year of general experience that demonstrates the following:
- The ability to greet and deal tactfully with the general public
- Capability of understanding and applying written and verbal orders, rules, and regulations
- Ability to interpret printed rules and regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions and materials
- Ability to compose reports
- Exercise of good judgment, courage, alertness, an even temperament, and ability to render satisfactory performance through knowledge of his/her position responsibilities
- Ability to maintain poise and self-control during situations that involve mental stress; such as fires, explosions, civil disturbances, and building evacuations
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and Environment
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S - 12 months ago
G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, and...