The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Detention Shift Supervisor . As a Detention Shift Supervisor , you will be provide direct first level supervision of day-to-day transport operations that include the supervision of transport teams. The Shift Supervisor reports directly to the Site Supervisor and is responsible for direct oversight and planning of daily shift schedules, workflow, and day-to-day operations of transportation teams. The Shift Supervisor also coordinates G4S tactical operations with client supervisors.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- 1st level Supervision of transportation teams and operations; manages daily shift schedules; interface with client detention supervisors, and Site Supervisor; evaluate performance of Detention Officers; clearly articulate directives, policies and procedures to subordinate personnel
- Act as a between with client first and 2 nd level supervisors; frequent meetings with client detention supervisors concerning operational and personnel issues
- Report incidents, statistical requirements and status reports to Site Supervisor, Compliance Manager and Fleet Manager; provide weekly man-hours reports; submit timely incident reports; provide status reports as required
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing, including driver’s license or certification requirements
- Must possess a current and valid New York State Pistol Permit
- Must possess a current and valid New York City Unrestricted or Restricted carry permit
- Must possess a New York Armed Guard License
- Must possess a current and valid Commercial Drivers License Class B with a Passenger endorsement
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years driving experience
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year experience in prisoner transportation
- Must possess prior supervisory/management experience in a multi-location security environment
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Law enforcement experience
- Service in the Elite Military Forces, Military Police or Combat Arms
- Graduate of Police/Corrections Academy
- Criminal Justice Degree, Associates or higher
- Career Military
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S - 12 months ago
G4S Secure Solutions (G4S) counters the perils of modern life by providing a full slate of security services to corporate, industrial, and...