Kwarter is a second screen solution to increase viewer engagement, advocacy, and loyalty. It's a gamification platform that allows brands and broadcasters to attach points, credits, and rewards to any TV viewer interaction. Viewers can play along live with a broadcast, get rewarded for their engagement, and share TV's most powerful moments across their social network. With Kwarter's SDKs and APIs, it's simple for anyone to add synchronized gamification to their second screen applications. Our customers include leading brands such as Bud Light, as well as broadcast networks like Turner Broadcast System (TBS).
All that stuff is important but, like you, we are not robots. Which is to say sometimes we feel like going out for a team lunch, or going out after work to watch a game together. We're world travelers, chefs, hockey players, pilots, skydivers, actors, wine aficionados, and sports fans. During the week we come together to build Kwarter, and we come to play.
We're funded by a great group of investors/advisors and we work out of a new office in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We're looking for smart, honest and hard-working folks to join us!
We're looking for a Dev Ops Engineer to join our team. You'll help us handle the scale of broadcast television and interactive gaming by working on a system with high concurrency that's used by some of the largest consumer and media brands in the world. Our system is already automated through Chef, and we've got a talented group of platform engineers with DevOps experience that will be collaborators with you. You will, however, be our first dedicated DevOps employee, so if it strikes your fancy, we'd love to have you be the one to grow the DevOps group as we grow!
Here's our stack: Ubuntu 12.10 + Python 2.7 + Pyramid 1.4 + MongoDB 2.2 + Postgres 9.2 + Redis 2.6 + Cassandra 1.1.6 + RabbitMQ 2.8.7
Some of the challenges you'll work on include:
* Helping build and manage fully automated, highly elastic systems;
* Analyzing our existing infrastructure to strengthen it and minimize downtime and response times;
* Writing maintainable code with extensive unit and functional test coverage;
* Scaling our application data by building out a large NonSQL cluster;
* Working on AWS and automating with Chef, and/or whichever tooling you deem most appropriate!
Want to change the way TV and modern mobile technology interact? Come join us!
Our Ideal Candidate Has Experience:
* as a Linux Sys Admin, Systems Engineer, and/or DevOps Engineer;
* with AWS;
* with configuration management tools like Chef or Puppet (both? we can dream, can't we?!);
* working on High Availability.
We understand the most important benefit we can offer is the chance to work with a talented team while building something you have ownership in. We recognize people are our most valuable assets, and we invest in them.
* Competitive salary; generous stock options; vacation; health, education, and commuter benefits
Authentic Jobs - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -