DevOps Engineer/Tools Developer
Taos is immediately hiring for a DevOps Engineer/Tools Developer on the San Jose, CA area!
- Design, implement and/or extend software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, and alert of production systems.
- Interface with engineering and operations teams to incorporate requirements and deliver core operations infrastructure components.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources.
- General Sys admin responsibilities.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux internals and core systems services (DNS, smtp, syslog, etc). CentOS preferred.
- Strong scripting experience with Perl and/or Python preferred.
- Strong relational database experience - MySQL preferred.
- Tools development: experience developing systems automation tools (using Python, Perl, shell, Ruby, etc).
- Experience with systems/configuration management (Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, kickstart, etc.)
- Experience with open source monitoring and alerting systems (nagios, zenoss, cacti, etc).
- 3+ years of industry experience developing web applications.
- 2+ years administration experience with multiple versions of Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in this position or know someone who is, please contact:
Jaynee Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- IP network experience: experience with switching, routing, security and load balancers.
- Experience with AWS, VMware, KVM or XEN based virtualization.
- Experience with other UNIX operating systems. OpenBSD and (Open)Solaris preferred.
- Experience working with the Django framework.
In the late 80's, Taos' founders, Ric Urrutia and Alexis Tatarsky, were working together as UNIX engineers at Apple Computer. They often...