We are a fast-growing industry leader in network-based data backup and recovery solutions. Weve been providing data protection and professional-grade storage solutions to small and mid-size businesses since 1997. Our technology platform is stable, secure, and optimized for WAN data transfer, and our recovery capabilities are ultra-reliable. We back it all with a rock-solid data center infrastructure and the industry's highest quality customer service, while encouraging innovation and creativity by providing a casual and friendly work environment.
We are led by a team of storage industry veterans with a compelling vision and a proven track record.
We are currently seeking a Development Operations Engineer with specific expertise in Chef to help launch our new archival product. This is a contract role to start with a potential to move to a FTE with proven performance.
You will work closely with our Tools Architect and our Systems Administrator in a fast-paced production environment.
- Help in set-up and automation of a large-scale Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service powered by OpenStack framework.
- Working closely with Developers and Ops for building Release Management aspects for IaaS automation and monitoring to support Continuous Delivery model.
- Assist in managing continuous build and automated test environments using Jenkins in an agile software release process
- Implement and adopt self-service processes.
- Develop cookbooks/recipes in Chef for Configuration Management and Release Automation.
- Proficient in Ubuntu/Debian/Linux/Network Administration.
- Proficient in Ruby, Python and Shell scripting.
- Hands-on working in Cloud environments.
- Experienced in setting up distributed monitoring solution for networks and applications.
- Debug and troubleshoot IaaS issues to resolve production defects and root cause analysis.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years system administration or equivalent experience in a software development organization supporting cloud production systems.
- Must be proficient in developing, deploying and managing IaaS NPE, Staging and Prod environments.
- Experience testing and automating deployment of infrastructure with Chef.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of System and Network administration
- Strong Scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Python.
- Knowledge of build management, orchestration and automation systems
- Experienced with Cloud platforms outside of OpenStack.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.