*This position is contingent upon award*
VETS Inc. is hiring for a full time Developer/Application Programmer II to support a Government contract at Scott Air force Base, IL.
Reviews, analyzes, and modifies the application systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documentation. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with application systems. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems. Familiar with a variety of development concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Senior Developer.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Documentation
- Software Testing
- Software Maintenance
- Software Algorithm Design
- Software Performance Tuning
- Software Architecture
- BA/BS Information Systems or equivalent
- Secret Clearance
VETS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- 4-6 years’ experience in a software development role
- Understanding of software engineering and web development
- Knowledge of the systems management industry an asset
- Thorough understanding of the Air Force military AIS environment