Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
A Developer/Programmer Analyst I (Senior) reports directly to the Manager of Application Development. A Senior Developer/Programmer Analyst works with teams that are assigned specific projects that are lead by Solutions leaders. Projects are assigned to these teams and the Solutions leaders recruit and assign Senior Developer/Programmer Analysts to perform specific tasks to complete within these projects. Strong Java skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Required to know and understand the MSSQL Enterprise environment.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Adobe’s ColdFusion programming language.
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Adobe’s Flex programming language.
- Expert level understanding of Internet technologies.
- Expert level experience in integration technologies, specifically, XML and Web Services, SOAP.
- Advanced ability to design, implement, and maintain SQL database objects that include stored procedures and jobs.
- Writing code as directed by supervisor for the successful completion of application development projects.
- Provide programming and database design coaching to Developer/Programmer Analysts
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree is preferred but proven work experience in a development environment will be considered equivalent to education that should include 5+ years in internet application development.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
- This position requires 3+ years development in Adobe Flex.
- This position requires 5+ years development in Adobe Cold Fusion.
- This position requires advanced experience in integration technologies, specifically, XML and Web Services, SOAP.
- The skill sets required include but are not limited to all Microsoft languages and tools, SQL databases. Microsoft certifications are a plus in this position, such as MCSE, MCSA or MSDB.