Our Direct Integration Client is looking for a Developer/SME with strong domain experience with SOLR/Lucene search engine for a 6-9 Months Project in San Jose, CA below is the Detail requirement
Job Title: Developer/SME with strong domain experience with SOLR/Lucene search engine
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6-9 Months
Mandatory Technical Skills:
SOLR/Lucene Specific skills :
- Provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise on search capabilities, search engine tuning with various search strategies in the customer s in-house developed data sets
- Hands on experience in implementing search solutions using search engines
- Expertise on Solr/Lucene..
- Create Proof of Concepts for validating search engine features and testing relevancy
- Installation and Configuration of various search engines
- Crawling and Indexing of data sources including Web/Database/Documentum.
- Engineer automated techniques and processes for the bulk indexing of large-scale data sets residing in database or un-indexed systems
- Extend search quality, services, and reporting to include metrics capturing and analysis of search trends for improvements
- Extend the in-house developed search services to allow for third party search services and application programming interface (API) integration
- Audit search application performance by performing advanced activities such as load testing, search testing, or query response time testing and will report these activities on an on-going basis so that the overall application performance can be documented and charters in the SLAs are met
- Utilize steps of the development life cycle and comply with test processes
- Good knowledge on setting up and configuring multiple SOLR cores under Linux environment. Setting up backup indexes for failover.
- Defining SOLR index schemas for various data elements and configuring the same for various priorities.
- Skill in indexing database on incremental manner. (Add indexes for new records added since previous index and removing indexes for the deleted records.)
- Knowledge on indexing database using SOLRs built-in database indexing features.
- Knowledge on setting up the Noise filter, Acronyms etc.
- Scheduling periodic refresh of SOLR indexes using cron jobs.
- Configuring and managing user logins and security for the index access.
- Ability to build SOLR queries for various search requirements
- Good knowledge on Promoting search results, Facet searches, Boost queries, using Filter Queries
- Dynamically ranking search result using DisMax and similar Query engines.
- Load balancing, integrating multi core searches.
- Knowledge on indexing Word, Excel, PDF and other documents.
- Knowledge on enterprise wide search implementation catering to different applications.
- SOlrJ API programming experience for querying/feeding/administration
- Document Processing/ Meta-Data extraction using Open Pipeline/Apache Tika
- Experience on using Nutch 2.0 and Solr 4.0 a plus.
- Experience on using custom connectors with Solr a plus
1 year of experience working with Solr (Apache Lucene) and 3 years of experience on its complimentary components (HTML, XML, Java, J2EE, Java application servers)
1 years of experience implementing Solr builds of indexes, shards, and refined searches across semi-structured data sets to include architectural scaling
3 years of experience in base infrastructure dependencies (RedHat, clustering, Perl, Java, Oracle, shell)
1 year of experience in data analytics, algorithms, and large data structures
1 year of architectural design knowledge and resource planning for scaling Solr/Lucene capabilities
1 year of experience working on Scrum or other agile development based methodologies
1 year of experience using SVN/Git/CVS for version control
Lorven Technologies - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -