SmartSource Technical Recruiting is seeking a Cloud Services Engineer (Pre-Sales)
Duration Direct Hire
Location: Greater Atlanta Area
Immediate opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Virtualization Pre-Sales Engineer with a fast-growing technology company in Duluth, GA. INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES NEED NOT APPLY.
This individual will be joining the Cloud Services team with primary responsibility for supporting Cloud Services Sales Team as well as secondary responsibilities supporting Cloud Services Operations.
In the primary role as a Cloud Services Pre-Sales Engineer, this will be a high-level customer facing position directly supporting the Cloud Services Sales team to engage new customer opportunities and projects for delivery of suite of hosted Cloud Services. As such, pre-sales experience is required. The candidate should hold experience working at a previous solutions/services provider, consulting group or have experience working in mid-to-large corporate IT departments. A strong sense of project management skills, organization, and task management are essential.
The candidate must possess a thorough understanding of datacenter technologies and components supporting VMware such as OS/applications, server, storage, and supporting networking technologies, as well as a strong understanding of IaaS cloud based services, technologies, and design methodologies.
This role will be responsible for handling technical tasks associated to service activation and 'on-boarding' of new customers to the service platform, supported by Cloud Operations and Project Management staff.
This person may be also be called, as necessary based upon skillset and availability, to support to the Cloud Services Operations group, responsible for the daily operational testing, deployment and management of all infrastructure components supporting a 24x7 customer facing production IaaS Cloud platform.
Reasonable travel (< 30%) will be required to support on-site customer meetings as well as customer deployments and/or on-site configuration of remote equipment. The position also requires on-call support and may require the ability to service system outages or maintenance during non-business hours.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years installation, configuration and support and design of VMware vSphere / vCenter and related infrastructure software components supporting a vSphere based infrastructure.
- 1+ years installation, configuration and design of VMware Site Recovery Manager
- 1+ years of installation, configuration and design of VMware vCloud Director
- 3+ years virtualization and supporting Microsoft Server Technologies (AD, SQL)
- 3+ years supporting Microsoft Windows Server OS and related technologies
- 3+ years deploying and supporting rack/blade servers and storage products by HP and Dell
- 3+ years of working in a datacenter environment with experience in physical and facility based operational tasks.
- Broad experience with planning, design and architecture of servers, OS, storage, networking, and backup methodologies supporting VMware based infrastructures
- Exceptional verbal / written communication skills
- Comfortable presenting technology solutions to technical teams, Directors, and C-Level within a companies organization.
- Experienced documentation and technical writing skills to assist in creating customer facing architecture and design documentation supporting projects and solutions
- Skilled in creating physical and logical topology diagrams supporting back-end infrastructure services.
- Ability to maintain sense of professionalism and urgency in all communications with customers
Current VCP is required for this position. MCSE and/or HP ASE or Dell certifications are not required, but highly desired.
Enterprise Data Storage & End-to-End Virtual Infrastructure
sologig - 19 months ago