This position is for a Contract Programmer Analyst (PA) primarily leveraging C#. The work involves migrating an existing VB6/Database application to a new platform (C# , SQL Server, Middleware, Extensible GUI). As with a typical PA role it involves designing, developing, and testing custom code. A qualified candidate must be able to take business requirements (verbal and documented), develop appropriate technical design documentation, encode, and test the resulting application.
• Four year college degree preferred
• At least five (5) years of experience with C# development required. Experience must have an emphasis on design and development versus merely altering existing code.
• Five years of experience with each of the following:
o C# / Visual Studio 2010 / Framework V4.0
o Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
o MVVM / MVC design patterns
o SQL Server 2008 Standard / T-SQL
o SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
o Database Design
o Middleware & Webservices
• Substantial documentation experience.
• Proven abilities in decision-making, priority setting and planning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Candidates MUST be fluent in conversational English.
• High motivation; works well independently or in a team setting
• Good Problem Solving skills / methodology
o Candidates MUST work on-site the majority of the time.
o Candidates MUST be local to the Charlotte, NC region.
o Candidates MUST be US citizens or already possess appropriate work documents
SunGard Consulting Services helps financial services and energy companies solve business problems by managing their complex technology and operational needs. Focused on large scale data and process management, custom application development and systems integration; we combine business and technology consulting and managed services to deliver innovative custom solutions. We help our customers capitalize on and manage the consequences of business, technology and regulatory change. For more information, visit us at www.sungard.com/consulting.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 15 months ago