The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies utilized by ETL developers include Ab Initio, AIX/Unix, Unix Shell Scripting, Tivoli Workload Scheduler (TWS), Connect Direct, MQFTE, SQL Scripting/Stored Procedures, Databases (DB2, Oracle)
Essential Job Functions:
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- Support or enhance the ETL(Extract-Transform-Load) processes in Information Delivery
- May assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 4 – 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Experience with DB2 or Oracle databases, understanding of a scheduling tool like TWS
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- Passing score on a selected entry test for new hires. (Test selected based on Project requirements.)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 4 - 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies (Ab Initio, Informatica or DataStage) with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
- Prior experience with project planning with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
Kroger - 19 months ago