Developer Advocate – Mobile
The Cloudant Data Layer as a service is revolutionizing application development. Samsung, Microsoft, Hothead Games, Salesforce.com, EasyBib, and other top web and mobile app developers are using Cloudant to speed up development and scale their apps. Cloudant is a distributed NoSQL database service we developed (based on Apace CouchDB) to scale massively across a network of data centers around the globe. Built in MapReduce, Lucene-powered text search, geo-spatial, mobile replication & sync enable customers to develop really cool apps.
As a Cloudant Developer Advocate, you’ll develop software and content that improves the Cloudant user experience for mobile app developers and evangelize the use of Cloudant within the mobile tech community. You’ll also influence the Cloudant product roadmap and marketing plans in ways that help grow and satisfy the community of mobile app developers.
Cloudant Developer Advocates are the owners of their respective developer communities within Cloudant. This person in this position is responsible for improving the developer experience and raising awareness of Cloudant among mobile app developers by:
- Developing or contributing to open source applications, frameworks, and libraries that enrich the mobile application development experience with Cloudant
- Publishing sample apps, tutorials, articles, and other "best-practices" content that makes it easier for mobile app developers to learn and use Cloudant
- Evangelizing Cloudant within the mobile dev community, in person at developer conferences, and on-line via blogging and interacting with mobile email lists and discussion forums
- Providing direction into the product roadmap, marketing, and customer support to help grow and serve the community of mobile app developers using Cloudant
- 3+ years success as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, CTO, or consultant working with mobile and web technologies. A history of having contributed to open source projects or communities is a strong plus.
- Respect among peers in the mobile tech community. Knowledge of the key players, vendors, conferences and web sites to work with to engage further with that community.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of blogging, tweeting, and presenting on mobile app development topics. Having an existing follower base is a very strong plus.
- Good understanding of database systems, preferably NoSQL. CouchDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis or Riak experience is a plus.
- Understanding of large-scale mobile app architecture and technology landscapes.
- Experience with Restructured Text, Sphinx, Markdown or other documentation formats and tools.
- Experience with git SCM, issue/task tracking software, IRC, video conferencing.
- The ability to work in and effectively communicate with a distributed team, with minimal supervision.
Cloudant - 15 months ago