Developer III - CIM (1 Year Contract Opportunity)
The following position description contains representative examples of work that will be performed in positions allocated to this classification. It is not required that any position perform all of the duties listed, so long as primary responsibilities are consistent with the work as described. Roles and responsibilities can often be expanded to accommodate changing business conditions and goals, as well as to tap into the skills and talents of the individuals in the company. Accordingly, associates may be asked to perform duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
Technical Lead will provide development expertise, technical leadership and support for the Centralized Inventory Management Project which will be implemented in all Bloomin' Brands concepts. This role requires the individual to be able to complete hands-on development tasks along with providing technical leadership to other project team members. This person is responsible for coordination with all business analysts and testers involved in developing or integrating this application. This person must be able to interface with application and infrastructure architects in the definition of new systems, as well as the integration with legacy systems. Reporting to the Director of Applications, this position will represent IT enterprise applications with all other technical team members inside and outside of the Portfolio, and as technical advisor to all leaders within IT. They will maintain a high level of customer service and work flow for applications within their Portfolio.
• Provides IT leadership for all applications necessary for business effectiveness
• Partners with business to determine and implement best solutions while aligned with broader corporate goals
• Ensures software development processes are understood and practiced as part of day-to-day work
• Ensures applications and integrations meet defined requirements and schedules
• Ensures IT integration efforts are kept current, delivered on-time, and accurately performed
• Works effectively with corporate and restaurant level staff and effectively communicates relevant IT information to all levels of staff
• Stays abreast of advances in technology
• Develops technical design documents and mapping specifications
• Handles performance issues and evaluates existing logic for tuning possibilities
• Provides production support for existing systems and works on new development initiatives
• Mentors other lower level Developers
5-8 years IT experience with at least 5 years IT Technical Lead experience
5-8 years experience in Software application development with sound knowledge of Analysis, Design, Programming, Unit Testing and Agile/Extreme Programming practices
Minimum 5 years of Integration experience with knowledge Informatica, Snaplogic or other Integration tools
Capable of working across various teams/groups to execute projects; thinks strategically and tactically; ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with minimal direction, while relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and tasks
Strong and dynamic technical leader with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to recognize when rapid application development techniques are necessary to drive out detailed requirements
Ability to quickly transition from hands-on development tasks to strategic project discussions
MS Visual Studio 8+, OOD/OOP, automated unit testing, C#, ASP.net
Web based application development experience
Deep knowledge of all Windows Desktop and server Operating Systems
Experience developing in Java and Familiarity with Linux, Tomcat, etc.
Proven ability to take an idea (without detailed requirements) and prototype a small system to drive out user and technical requirements
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment
· Ability to communicate, verbally and written, technical requirements/constraints to a broad audience of technical and non-technical individuals
· Ability to work as team member or as a single individual contributor
· Ability to learn new concepts and new technology quickly
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Microsoft certifications are a plus
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.