Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be. Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month. Currently, there are over 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything.
More than 15,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About the role:
Are you a college student seeking an internship for coordinating hackathons, tech conferences, and developer events? The platform team at Evernote is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic candidate to work with us this summer on some exciting projects. In this internship, you will work on all facets of developer relations: hackathons, forum support, developer conference organizing, and travel logistics. In addition, you will also delve into issues including community building, tech promotion planning, and basic developer support. Finally, you will learn the business of working inside a fast paced startup as we build our platform of 3rd party apps that work with Evernote.
Requirements and Skills:
- Update calendar of events and provide information for Devcup.
- Keep track of winning hackathon teams and related waivers and prizes.
- Support Dev Relations team for Devcup 2013, ETC, and related hackathons.
- Answer general developer hackathon and related support questions in the forums.
- Serve in a support role between the ETC conference team and Devcup judging team.
- Interest in entrepreneur and startup events.
- Amazing writing skills, with an interest in blogging.
- Experience with event planning for meet ups, small groups, and hackathons.
- Smart, motivated, and independent with track record of success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail.
Currently completing Bachelors Degree in Event Planning, Digital Communications, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams, collaborating closely with product management and our quality-engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Evernote - Redwood City, CA - 2 years ago