Reporting to The Senior Manager of Annual Giving, the position of Development Associate at The Children’s Aid Society offers an excellent opportunity for someone interested in furthering their skills and experience in fundraising by providing support to the Senior Manager of Annual Giving, the Associate Director of Development and the Annual Giving team. The Associate will help build new sources of donors, and cultivate current pool to increased giving level and support all Annual Giving initiatives.
Donor Outreach and Cultivation
The ideal candidate will be:
- Mentors: Generate personalized acknowledgment letters in a timely manner. As time allows, send hand-written thank you notes, and place thank you calls to mid-level donors not currently assigned a solicitor. Conduct basic research when practical and meaningful. Maintain hard files.
- Family Foundations: Generate personalized acknowledgment letters in a timely manner. As time allows, send hand-written thank you notes, and place thank you calls to mid-level foundations not currently assigned a solicitor. Conduct basic research when practical and meaningful. Maintain hard files.
- Tribute Program: Oversee the Development Assistant to ensure the Tribute query is managed and notified party letters go out in a timely manner.
- Matching Gifts/Employee Giving: Manage the Corporate Matching Gifts program, including confirmation, follow-up, reporting, letters and outreach. Work with the Associate Director of Development to research potential employee giving/matching gift companies, identify contact at company, reach out and determine opportunity and next steps.
- Support the Associate Director of Development with corporate outreach, including letters, program/agency material preparation, RE updates, and phone calls as requested.
- Assist the Senior Manager of Annual Giving and Annual Giving team with cultivation strategy, including general correspondence, letters, e-mails, phone calls and follow-up with donors, as necessary
- As time allows, mine the database to find active and lapsed donors in the lower to mid level giving range who have the capacity to give at higher levels. Work with Associate Director of Development on a moves management program for identified donors.
- Strategize on how to capitalize on the monthly donor program through personal outreach, information sharing and solicitation.
- Analyze reports and queries in The Raiser’s Edge to target donors and report back on results.
- Provide monthly report to Associate Director of Development on above business channels, activity and results.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Associate Director of Development.
- Energetic, eager to learn, with an understanding of and commitment to the mission of Children’s Aid
- Comfortable working independently with minimal instruction and as part of an office administrative team to complete assignments
- Able to multi-task, prioritize work and be attentive to detail in a busy environment
- Reliable, flexible, with sound judgment and good teamwork skills
- Thorough and alert in order to meet high standards for accuracy
- Discriminating in exercising judgment and tact with regard to confidential information
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
- Demonstrable experience with The Raiser’s Edge database
- Experience in communicating with donors, senior executives, and board members
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent writing skills: grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Exceptional eye for detail and accuracy including experience with proofreading
- Strong office skills (filing, phones, copying) and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years fundraising experience
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
The Children's Aid Society - 13 months ago