IMPORTANT: This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
Development Associate - Foundations
Cambridge, MA Office
Supervised by the Director of Foundation Relations, the Development Associate-Foundations serves as the primary administrative coordinator and researcher for the foundations team. This person is part of a five-person support team for the development department, and will participate in a robust cross-training program providing opportunities to hone skills outside the purview of this position description, which may include: event management, direct mail, annual report, donor relations, social media and other areas of interest.
- Provide overall coordination of the administrative systems of the foundations team. Manage, track, edit, update and distribute all foundations reports to appropriate staff. Coordinate agendas, scheduling, and logistics for foundation team meetings, monthly grants meeting, meetings with program directors, and foundation site visits.
- Proofread and assist with preparation of foundation proposals and reports. In coordination with foundation officers, draft foundation correspondence, proposal executive summaries, and progress reports
- Research and identify foundation prospects, assist with survey of foundations active in UCS issue areas, track current trends in foundation giving, and make recommendations for prospect priorities and follow up research.
- Provide concise and timely background research to prepare Chief Development Officer, President, program directors, and others for foundation contacts and to inform foundation ask and cultivation strategies.
- Manage the processing of grant agreements and foundation gifts. Maintain the quality and accuracy of foundation records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with UCS areas of work.
- Perform other related functions as directed.
Qualifications and experience
Position requires strong organizational, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to coordinate effectively across many areas of the organization. Proofreading experience and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, search engines, and data management are required. Must be attentive to detail and able to manage multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is important.
Bachelor’s degree required. Requires two to four years of relevant experience in administrative and customer service settings. At least two years of development and donor-relations experience preferred. At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
Compensation, Hours and Location: This is a full-time position based in UCS’s Cambridge office. For candidates who meet all position requirements, the salary is in the high $30,000s. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, salary requirements, how you learned about the position and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Foundations Associate” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls please. Deadline: September 22, 2013 or until filled.
EnvironmentJobs - 6 months ago