UALR Functional Title
Development Director of College of Business / R99747
The College of Business at the University of Arkansas (www.ualr.edu) invites applications for the position of Director of Development. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Business. The Director is responsible for identifying prospects and securing major gifts on behalf of the college.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates development and maintenance of strategic plan.
- Support College of Business Dean, Chairs, Alumni, and Faculty in identifying, cultivating, and closing gifts from appropriate major gift prospects.
- Develop and implement plans including the creation and execution of major and principal gift cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Work extensively with College of Business Advisory Board and Advisory Board sub-committees to assist with leveraging potential donor relationships and assisting with overall development efforts for the College of Business.
- Is responsible to the Dean of the College for other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing and using technology (e.g., databases, survey report generation, etc.) for recruiting and/or client lead generation.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders including: faculty, faculty committees, academic administration, students, and community members.
- Ability to work effectively with “executive” level business community across a broad spectrum of industries.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Strong network of professional contacts.
Required Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional level work experience in one or more of the following: program management, recruiting, sales/fund-raising, or business development in an academic or business setting.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
03 - Criminal/Financial/Sex
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Frequently, Walking - Moderate Distances; Occasionally, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex offender registry and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 23 months ago