Linux Kernel/Driver Engineer Description: Medical implantable device company seeking motivated, self-directed SW Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Linux device drivers and kernel modifications to develop (create or port existing driver code to a different kernel versions and integrate) cPCI, PXI, and USB device drivers into a Linux-based real-time test station for embedded software. This individual will be primarily responsible for developing custom instrument drivers, integrating commercial or open source drivers, porting drivers to a different kernel version and integrating them into existing test station software architecture. The test station is based primarily on cPCI, PXI and USB instruments with quad-core 64-bit Linux OS, kernel 2.6.x with real-time extensions. The environment this individual will be working in will include Redhat or Cent OS, Eclipse, gcc, and GDB. Ability to come up to speed quickly in this environment will be highly valued.
• B.S. or equivalent in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 5+ years C/C++ or other advanced programming experience
• 3+ year’s demonstrated experience with Linux kernel and device drivers
• Working knowledge of cPCI, PXI, or USB specifications and protocols
• Knowledge of the basics of the kernel and versatility to work in all parts of the kernel. Ability to quickly come up to speed in unfamiliar areas of the kernel.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with HW/SW integration and debug
• Experience in a regulated environment with strong verbal communication and documentation skills If applicable, contract may be extended to include Linux real-time development, including kernel modifications and integration with instrument drivers and user application software. To be considered for the extension individual should have experience with one or more of the following areas.
• Embedded software design and debug
• Any RTOS or Linux with Real-time patches
• In-depth understanding of real-time requirements and optimizations needed to meet jitter and latency requirements.
• Expertise in developing and debugging Linux real-time applications.
• Multi-core programming experience
Entegee - 17 months ago