Tekni-Plex inc., is a global, diversified manufacturer of packaging and tubing products for the healthcare, consumer & food packaging industries. The Global Technology Center in Holland, OH is looking to fill a Development Engineer focusing on Film Sheet & Liner technology. Tekni-Plex offers a comprehensive benefit package, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement and Much Much MORE!!!
The Development Engineer is responsible for leading transformational technology platform developments for the Tekni-Plex business units in support of business unit strategic plans for new technology product sales growth. The position interacts with corporate and business unit new business development directors, procurement, raw material and equipment suppliers, internal and external development teams, and a variety of strategic customers.
Duties and Responsibilites (but not limited too)
- Designs and develops new material and process technologies for the development of transformational product platforms for the film, sheet and liner product lines for various strategic markets and business units
- Provides substantial advanced technical expertise and has prime responsibility for outlining, planning, directing and completing accelerated research and development programs within budget and the time required.
- Provides continual oversight on emerging third party technologies and recommends potential pathways to partner and incorporate such advances within the Tekni-Plex global product and manufacturing portfolios
- Prepares progress reports and communicates effectively within various levels of corporate and business unit senior management
- Assists in the development of intellectual property strategies to protect new material, process and product advances
- Serves as the new technology transfer liaison with specific business unit management, manufacturing, commercial and new product development teams
- Coordinates with Procurement and Legal teams as necessary in working with third party material, process and technology partners
- Written and Verbal communication with strategic customers
- Aids and assists specific business units in problem solving for various technical, manufacturing, product and customer issues
- Responsible for process and analytical equipment management as needed and assigned
BS in Chemistry, Polymer Science or a related discipline; 5 years related experience in research and development directly related to the chemical, pharmaceutical, packaging or medical device industries; Desired: MS in Chemistry, Polymer Science or a related discipline; 5 years related experience in research and development and project management directly related to the chemical, pharmaceutical, packaging or medical device industries.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to think strategically, exercise independent judgment and problem solve; ability to independently identify new technology needs and develop programs to translate technologies to practical processes and new products; ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
Tekni-Plex, Inc. - 17 months ago