Position: Development Manager
Athletes’ Performance is the global leader in integrated performance training for the top athletes in the world. From our four world-class facilities in Arizona, Southern California, Florida and Texas, Athletes’ Performance trains the top Champions in Sport, including 14 2012 NFL first round picks, 87 MLB players in 2012 alone, and 3 of the final 16 teams in the 2010 World Cup, as well as elite military operators and leading teams globally. Our work at AP takes us to China, Germany, Argentina, the UK, and many places in between, as we are helping to power the performance of athletes around the world.
In addition to supporting top athletes and teams, we leverage our proprietary methodology and systems to help high school and college athletes, military personnel, and leading executives redefine what’s possible, delivering unmatched results with a world-class experience. Athletes’ Performance was named one of Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Sports in 2011, and is a fixture in top media outlets including the NFL Network, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and Men’s Health.
Founded in 1999 by industry visionary Mark Verstegen, Athletes’ Performance is a thought leader in the human performance space. In addition to athlete, military, and executive programming, AP is home to a Performance Innovation Team, a cross-functional team of experts that is constantly evaluating all programming and associated technology that the company delivers while driving innovation forward internally and with our team of leading partners. AP also has a dedicated Education team that conducts our industry-acclaimed Mentorship programs both at our U.S. facilities and around the world.
Athletes’ Performance created the Core Performance brand to help people live healthier, higher-performing lives. Today, Core Performance is the leader in proactive wellness, delivering measurable results through integrated, data-driven programs that are rooted in advanced science and research for employees and corporations. CP solutions are engaging, personalized, and sustainable, yielding meaningful results for employees and a competitive advantage for employers.
Athletes’ Performance Inc. is backed by Polaris Ventures, Walgreens Corporation, and ABS Capital. Along with our world-class investment team, AP is proud to have a team of leading partners committed to supporting human performance, including adidas, SKLZ, EAS, Sheraton, Keiser, Intel, Tignum, Axon Potential, and Zeo.
Are you a natural leader – the one in a group who people turn to for advice and direction? Got some experience successfully leading some developers through a challenging project? That’s great, because we’re looking for you to step into our development group and start leading some projects. We have multiple platforms supporting applications that range from small prototypes to large legacy systems (well, legacy to us is only 4 years old!), and we’re also experimenting with new ideas that jump from proof-of-concept to revenue-generating faster than you can put up a new EC2 image in AWS.
We want to talk with you if:
- You are an experienced tech lead – you’ve led several software engineering projects through to successful launch with a team of client-side and server-side developers
- You play well with others: you find that talking with other developers is more stimulating than frustrating – same with talking with users, and even – egads - managers. You’ll be involved with satisfying requests for data from all types of people, so you have excellent communications skills and can adapt your vocabulary to the other person’s comfort zone.
- You can create a technical approach to solving a business problem.
- You know how to decompose a software product into short tasks for developers to work.
- You’re familiar with – and you appreciate using – a task management system such as Jira (well, that’s the one we use).
- You know more than just PHP: you can branch and merge in SVN, you use other scripting languages to make things work (Python or Perl), and you know a thing or two about getting apache to work the way you want.
- Maybe you already know Python/Django; you’re interested in trying your hand on a project built that way.
- You are disciplined enough to work efficiently, track your progress, meet your commitments, understand how to spend your time, and be responsible for the overall success of a project.
- You are comfortable (you might say “you prefer…”) an agile environment where proofs of concept, prototypes, and partial requirements abound.
- You understand our need for quality – you have a demonstrated ability to consistently deliver accurate, efficient, and correct solutions to all problems: the API team is world-class in everything we do.
- You are driven to continually improve the way you do things, and hence the way we do things – process is good.
Athletes' Performance/Core Performance conducts post-offer Background Check