The Development Manager supports the Annual Giving programs of The Trustees of Reservations. The Manager will work closely with the Director of Annual Leadership Giving to engage with current visitors, members, prospects and volunteers in The Trustees Southeast Region, and to grow and promote general membership and membership in our leadership giving programs including: 1891 Society (gifts of $1,000-$2,499), the Great Point Circle (leadership giving group on Nantucket), and the Conservation Council (leadership giving group for those in their 20s, 30s and 40s). In addition to working with the Director of Annual Leadership Giving and the Development Office, the Manager also works closely with the Regional Director, field staff and volunteers in the region to achieve the overall annual giving fundraising objectives of The Trustees.
Reporting to the Director of Annual Leadership Giving, this position is a full-time, exempt position and is based at Westport Town Farm in Westport, MA – one of The Trustees' 109 reservations, all of which are open to the public to enjoy, across Massachusetts. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to learn and grow in the Development field.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Meet agreed upon goals for expanding our membership and leadership annual giving programs through the development and management of prospect pipelines, and ultimately the acquisition of new members and leadership donors.
- Build a force of annual leadership giving volunteers in the region, maintain and supervise their contact with prospects and members.
- Organize, plan, and execute appeal strategy and mailings for our leadership giving prospects in this region, including the Great Point Circle .
- Assist in the acknowledgement and stewardship of leadership donors in the region.
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities for growth of leadership donors (i.e. major giving or larger annual gifts).
- Participate in monthly check-ins with annual giving department and attend quarterly meetings in locations to be determined across the state.
- Work with Regional Director and Engagement Manager to identify and participate in strategic recruitment opportunities at programs and events across the region.
- Attend property committee & other volunteer meetings with field staff to engage volunteers as donors.
- Support regional development events as needed.
- Serve as liaison for communication between field staff and development office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two plus years experience in a mid-sized development office.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and capacity to deal with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word and Outlook; database experience in Raiser's Edge required including the ability to query, run reports, data entry and export data.
- Ability to work independently as well as working effectively as part of Development team.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to travel within Massachusetts.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends when appropriate.
- Passion for the mission of The Trustees of Reservations.
- Desire to learn and grow within a large-scale development office.
Bachelor's Degree; energetic, creative individual with excellent organizational, computer and interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail; ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; ability to work confidentially with staff, volunteers, and donors; experience with Raiser's Edge database or demonstrated ability to quickly learn database formats. Competitive salary, excellent benefits, friendly, exciting work environment.
idealist.org - 16 months ago