This position serves as an experienced Consultant and Manager for assigned client projects. This position interacts directly with SunGard clients to assist them in the articulation of their business needs so that SunGard can respond appropriately to the work order in hand. Take initiative in all situations by being an independent, responsible representative of SunGard. This position provides support for various projects so that SunGard can respond appropriately to the work order in hand. The Manager must work to understand the client’s business, processes, and goals to offer accurate, valuable analyses and recommendations. The Manager will be responsible for gathering and documenting functional and technical design requirements, assisting and/or conduct testing, preparation of system test strategies and development of test plans.
This position also serves as a Software Developer and will lead an Application Management and Development team. This position writes and programs software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. This position uses standard quality assurance and code control procedures for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required. Typically reports to a Senior Manager or Principal Consultant.
- Conduct Project Assessment Visits with client and project team to prepare the client for the implementation, establish realistic expectations and confirm the scope for the project.
- Review Project Implementation Plan with the Project Manager to become familiar with contacts, scope, required resources (OMNI and Client), timelines, defines custom enhancements for development (if required), training goals, testing goals, and project goals.
- Create and manage a project schedule that meets the requirements and availability of both the client and OMNI personnel.
- Performs programming and coding of software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Participates in and writes functional and technical design documents to meet clients requirements. Participates in and writes unit and usability testing plans for all software changes.
- Performs code review of programming projects assigned to team members and peers. Monitors programming for good quality and code control standards.
- Provide support to OMNI personnel during the design, development, configuration and testing phase.
- Plan the resources to support the analysis and documentation of the client's infrastructure, business processes and define the system to meet their scope.
- Manage project risk and communicate to client to set expectations
- Facilitate the progress of the project and control the scope of the project.
- Support client on-site during implementation and testing as needed.
- Coordinate the resolution of implementation issues.
- Support client on-site during Go-Live.
- Ensure a successful client transition from Implementation to Support.
- Project Management and Oversight
- Create daily and weekly project status reports
- Maintain an accurate personal calendar with supervisor so forecasts can be conducted
- Ensure your assigned project tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Manage assigned duties
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to lead a new project from start to finish
• Ability to mentor new associates as well as serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all project teams, as needed
• Ability to provide solutions to the client with minimal supervision
• Must be detail oriented, responsible, self-motivated and goal centered
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to gather detailed requirements for client needs to ensure all requirements are met
• Must demonstrate reliability and responsiveness to client and/or management requests
• Ability to positively represent SunGard Omni in front of clients
• Familiarity with client-server applications, web-based applications, databases and networking
• Must have strong problem-solving skills
• Must be familiar with software security concepts and inappropriate exposure of personally identifiable information.
• Must have strong knowledge of commonly-used business and/or technical concepts, practices, and procedures within the financial services industry
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience
• Strong knowledge of the SunGard Omni suite of products both from an technical/operations and administrative perspective is a MUST have
• Basic knowledge of other components of the systems such as Integration, EMS and OCR
• Minimum of 5 years of related development experience
• Experience in Project Management
• Previous experience in a leadership role
• Background in the imaging industry or with imaging applications helpful
• Requires a background in mutual fund, retirement benefit or other financial industries.
• Previous work experience in the Benefit Administration/Retirement industry
• This position can be based throughout the United States, as long as you have access to airports and major transportation hubs and have the ability to travel as needed.
• Travel of approximately 30% is required as necessary for the successful completion of duties. May need to travel a several days per week - at times may require travel several weeks in a row.
• Go-Live will require working over nights and/or weekends.
• The duties listed in this document should in no way be construed to be the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
CLIENT REQUIREMENTS STIPULATE THAT THIS RESOURCE MUST BE A UNITED STATES CITIZEN OR A GREEN CARD HOLDER.
SunGard provides wealth management solutions that help banks, trust companies, brokerage firms, insurance firms, benefit administrators and independent advisors acquire, service and grow their client relationships. We provide solutions for client acquisition, transaction management, trust accounting and recordkeeping that can be deployed as stand-alone products, or as part of an integrated wealth management platform.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 12 months ago