E.ON is one of the world's largest investor-owned power
and gas companies. At facilities across Europe, Russia,
and North America, our nearly 79,000 employees generated
just under EUR113 billion in sales in 2011. We have an
ambitious objective: to make energy cleaner and better
wherever we operate.
Development Manager - Midwest and Northeast US
1. Adhere to the company’s values and behaviors as
defined by the ONE E.ON philosophy.
2. Identify viable sites for wind project development,
using knowledge of energy markets, wind, transmission,
permitting and environmental issues.
3. Work efficiently and effectively to rapidly acquire
all land and easements required for utility scale wind
4. Manage all wind project development activities on one
or more projects, including site identification, land
acquisition, interconnection, environmental studies,
permitting, title, survey and other real estate matters.
Lead and manage all aspects of project development from
inception to construction hand-off.
5. As projects advance in the development process,
duties include working with other staff regarding
off-take of power, project modeling, project proposals,
arrangements for finance, construction and operations,
and other matters.
6. Develop and implement regional departmental
objectives, and assist in departmental budgeting process
A bachelor's degree in an applicable environmental or
public policy, scientific, quantitative or other related
field from an accredited institution is required.
Advanced study in business, finance, law, environmental
science or public policy highly preferred.
1. This position requires a proven ability to acquire
land rights through leases and easements.
2. Extensive travel (1-4 nights per week) researching
land ownership through local public records and
visiting land owners to sign leases is required.
3. Substantial experience as a project development
manager (2-4 + years) in wind industry is required.
4. Ideal candidate will be extremely well organized,
be able to work independently and with teams, and
have a thorough understanding of leases and other
contracts, relevant environmental issues, and wind
5. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office,
mapping and other applicable software is strongly
Req. Code : ECR-0113-0864-2
% of Travel Required : 50-60%
Offer Relocation : Yes
E.ON - 15 months ago