This is a professional position that assists the Director of Development in implementing annual and major gifts plan for the university’s capital campaign; identifies and researches new prospects of potential annual and major gift donors; develops and maintains comprehensive annual giving programs to generate gifts and support for university goals. Work includes development and implementation of fund drives throughout the year as well as development and maintenance of programs to recruit, train and sustain volunteer support for development goals.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with approximately 6,200 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
1. Implementation and maintenance of annual giving programs for solicitation of alumni, faculty, staff and friends.
2. Development of programs for major gift prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation.
3. Manages a prospect base of 150-200 names and will conduct 15-20 visits per month.
4. Maintains positive relationships with donors through written and verbal communication, personal visits.
5. Direct mail solicitation and tracking of solicited alumni, trustees, friends of the University, and faculty and staff.
6. Identifies, cultivates, trains and maintains volunteers, both alumni and friends, for support of annual giving programs.
7. Participates in planning, analyzing data and measuring results.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to plan and organize different projects simultaneously.
3. Computer proficiency for written communications; knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge a plus.
4. Ability to motivate and direct volunteers.
5. An individual that is self-motivated.
6. An individula that is creative.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred. Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in annual and major gift development, including direct mail, major gifts, volunteer coordination. Experience in educational fundraising field preferred.
Special Instructions for Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
Please note: A minimum of three professional references with names, phone numbers and address information must be provided in the reference section of the application.