Habitat for Humanity International is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Development Officer - Planned Giving.
Essential Duties Include:
• Identifying planned gift prospects: Developing a portfolio of 100 planned gift prospects from the donor database, through collaboration with Planned Giving team, Special and Major Gift Officers and Habitat affiliates; and by following up on planned giving and endowment marketing efforts.
• Cultivation: Completing and documenting 100 substantive calls per year with planned gift prospects. Substantive calls are defined as those that either include an "ask" for a planned gift, or clearly advance cultivation to the point of an ask. A good example of a substantive call is the presentation of a gift annuity proposal followed by asking for the business.
• Habitat Affiliate activities: Encouraging and assisting Habitat affiliates as they establish their own planned giving programs. This will include helping affiliate resource development officers to prepare planned gift proposals and coaching them to present the proposals. Depending upon the level of involvement, these activities may be considered substantive calls.
• Administration: Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as necessary. The purposes of these goals include demonstration of progress toward goals, monitoring expenses and staying within budget, and determining the effectiveness of marketing and cultivation strategies. Also included in this category is continuing education to keep current with tax law changes and planned giving techniques.
This position will be located in Atlanta or based on the West Coast.
• Fondness for and appreciation of the wisdom and experiences of our more mature citizens; ability to gain their trust
• Excellent listening skills
• Superior presentation and communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
• Experience collaborating with others in cultivating and closing planned gifts
• Unquestionable integrity
• Creative self-starter with high energy level, self-confidence and a positive attitude
• Passion for and commitment to the HFHI vision
• 3+ years of experience cultivating and closing planned gifts; demonstrated track record
• Working knowledge of planned giving techniques; financial planning and sales background a plus
• Familiarity with planned giving software
• BA/BS required
Please submit your cover letter and resume as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT when applying.
Habitat for Humanity - 23 months ago
Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, Human...