Position Title: Developmental Sales Representative-Full Time
Job ID: 4266
- To support, stretch, develop and deliver a pipeline of diverse commercial talent for Syngenta.
- To promote effective product and technical expertise through an integrated and accelerated talent development program.
- Develop proficiency in proper product use recommendations and expectations; to include product features and benefits, pest identification, scouting, application timing, grower/reseller meetings and sale confirmation.
- Partner with a local mentor to accomplish learning objectives effectively and provide value added services to targeted accounts.
- Develop a network of colleagues from across the organization to enable effective relationships and collaboration.
- Assist assigned Commercial Unit with financial and market share objectives.
- Act as steward of product portfolio by making product use recommendations and by managing complaints in the field as needed.
- Develop a profound understanding of customer needs via solution selling within an assigned geography.
- Develop relationships with targeted growers and resellers through pro-active outbound marketing programs.
- Work with colleagues to develop effective ways of working that enable the Sales Team.
- Actively support the Sales Team with the communication of the Syngenta Strategy.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Syngenta organizational structure, roles, functions and core values.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Competitive analysis and interpretation
- Agricultural terminology and nomenclature
- Agronomic knowledge relevant to the assigned geography
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS, preferably in Ag Science
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Customer Focus – candidate must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external customers and clients; obtains first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Business Acumen – candidate must know how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Resilience – candidate must be able to recover rapidly from adversity, change or misfortunate; must have the ability to bounce back from difficult situations; have the capacity to make realistic plans and take steps to carry them out; candidate must have a positive view of self and confidence in his/her strengths and abilities.
- Integrity and Trust – candidate must be widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Effective Teamwork: Initiates and participates in teams when needed; contributes to team morale and spirit; shares in the wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; encourages people to be responsible for their work.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Negotiation: Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Computing: Basic operation of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required to perform job function.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Supporting development of sales plans and strategies.
- Implementing sales plans and strategies with excellence.
- Travel Requirements – 75%.
- Ability to work on virtual teams.
- Upon successful completion of the program, the selected candidate must be willing to relocate anywhere within the continental United States
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...