Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30-5:00pm variable
The Device Clinic RN facilitates and maintains efficiency, organization and continuity of care within the device clinic. You will maintain proper, safe and optimal programming of pacemakers and ICD’s and coordinate EP portion of care with patient’s attending cardiologist. Incumbent will be responsible for discharge teaching of newly implanted PPM’s and ICD’s, trouble shooting pacemakers and ICD’s and other duties as assigned. This position will be located in Edina.
In order to qualify for this role, you must possess:
As an UMPhysicians employee, we will provide you with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.
- Current MN RN License
- 3 to 5 years nursing experience with in cardiovascular nursing and management of cardiac devices.
- Knowledge of programming/troubleshooting/analysis of pacemaker and ICD devices for Medtronic, Boston Scientific, St Jude Medical and Biotronik
- Knowledge of Cardiac anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Comprehensive knowledge of cardiac pacing and electro physiology skills
- Previous ECG/EGM analysis
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
University of Minnesota Physicians - 2 years ago