DIABETES SALES SPECIALIST TM 1 - JAMESTOWN, NY (DS3)(Job Number: 1306070)
- This position is for a professional sales representative within the Diabetes sales team within Bristol-Myers Squibb. The position is located in JAMESTOWN, NY.
- Sales candidates must be able to understand and apply knowledge of pertinent health care industry trends, sales trends, market dynamics, competitors, applicable laws and regulations, and health care payer environment, and analyze each of these factors in the development of actionable business plans and in daily execution of sales calls, within compliance guidelines.
- Develop and implement territory plans that identify and prioritize activities and resources to accomplish short and long-term sales and business goals.
- An accountable self-starter who can develop deep customer insights, build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians (primary care and specialists), medical group practices, hospitals, pharmacists, nurses, office staff and other health care providers in the patient care continuum.
- Appropriately leverage resources and apply sound account management skills and perseverance to secure customer access and maximize selling time.
- Utilize deep understanding of disease states, BMS products, and as appropriate, relevant competitor products to tailor interactions with specific customers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to present to groups.
- Collaborate across the sales organization, cross-functional teams and where appropriate, co-promotion partners.
- Work within matrix to identify opportunities and develop appropriate tactics and strategies.
- Drive market share growth and maximize sales performance within the indicated use and approved patient types.
- Possess a high level of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, and BMS policies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- Proven track record in customer service industry is required along with 1 – 2 years of proven and documented top performing sales related experience.
- Demonstrated success in medical-related sales is advantageous with Diabetes Disease knowledge strongly preferred.
- For those candidates with non-sales experience, Diabetes Disease knowledge strongly preferred (Certified Diabetes Educator, diabetes care, nursing, etc).
- A strong customer focus and analytical skills to identify and prioritize business opportunities is required.
- Proven track record in delivering results and developing innovative approaches in evolving markets.
- Previous new product or concept launch experience desired.
- Ability to learn, apply and grow disease state knowledge required.
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical information to a variety of customers in multiple settings.
- Technical aptitude to learn and apply new technologies to manage a territory and engage customers.
- Management retains the right to change the job specifications (may include grade level and salary range) and provisions of this job as appropriate.
- In addition, we reserve the right to place candidates in positions at levels commensurate with their depth of knowledge around the following competencies: Product and Disease State Knowledge, Market and Industry Knowledge, Sales Resource Utilization, Selling Skills, and Business Planning
Job Function: CV/Met
Primary Location: NA-US-NY-Jamestown
: USP - CVMET - Sales
Bristol-Myers Squibb - 9 months ago
Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular...