Parallon Richmond Shared Services
has the following opportunity available at its business office located in The Boulders Office Park, 7325 Beaufont Springs Drive, Boulders VII, Richmond, VA. 23225.
Monday-Friday, 9:30AM to 6:00PM
Schedules patient testing/procedures/admissions; obtains precert/ authorization numbers and enters in the scheduling or registration system; obtains and enters accurate
insurance information; answers incoming phone calls.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Answer telephone in a timely and professional manner
- Schedules all patients for ancillary, surgical, and medical testing/procedures/admissions through the Meditech scheduling module
- Select accurate insurance carrier plans and informs the patient or physician office staff of any carrier that is out of network or of any carrier that may result in a decrease on benefits
- Inform the physician office staff or patient of any testing requirements according to the instructions and queries in the scheduling module
- Ensure that any edits performed in the scheduling module are also duplicated in the admissions module
- Maintain knowledge of the scheduling reports for the next day to ensure department readiness in the event of any unscheduled Meditech down-time
- Work closely with the physician office staff to ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
- Receive incoming pre-cert mail and ensure that pre-cert/authorization numbers are entered in the scheduling or registration system
- Select the correct patient medical record number consistently
- Maintain open communication with the registration staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed and times are available
- Edit via the scheduling module those departmental calendar changes to ensure that patients are not scheduled when personnel is not available
- Acknowledge, file, and send MOX messages via Meditech
- Edit medical accounts to a PRE status
- Enter outpatient procedures in the Order Entry System
- Pull reservations off printers, keeping clinical reservations filed according to policy.
- Return surgical reservations to each appropriate scheduler.
- Work clinical accounts at least 2 days in advance in order for admitting personnel to use reservations for calling patients and checking patient and insurance information
- Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
High school diploma or GED required; knowledge of Medical Terminology required.