This is an entry level service technician job. Entry level technicians must furnish a basic set of hand tools and possess foundational knowledge of Cummins engines. This position will be responsible for the installation of ClimaCab units. This position will be required to progressively perform additional and more complicated mechanical assignments as he learns and is trained. This person may be assigned to assist more experienced technicians, perform repair work within their capability or perform more complex work under the direction of an experienced technician or supervisor.
ClimaCab® is recognized as the premier technology in the battery-powered Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) market. It uses its infinite variable speed compressor to allow for industry-proven performance to heat and cool the sleeper on Class 8 trucks. Additional features, such as Start Assist™, allow energy transfer from the APU batteries to the truck batteries, virtually eliminating the need for jump starts.
· Complete quality preventative maintenance and/or repairs of basic model engines and sub-assemblies within the applicable standard repair time allowance.
· Use appropriate Cummins Systems to accurately complete and document Work Orders (WOs) and time reports.
· Act with integrity and provide outstanding service to customers and co-workers.
· Maintain a clean work area at all times.
· Recognize and use various product / service information sources including QuickServe, Online service manuals, troubleshooting trees and support bulletins.
· Successfully complete on a timely basis all required training courses.
· Read wiring diagrams.
· Continually improve upon mechanical ability and electrical knowledge by home study courses, service parts topics, and other sources.
· Meet applicable performance objectives.
· Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and procedures.
· Perform other responsibilities as needed.
· Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred. And/or other combination of technical training through the military, apprenticeships or other equivalent training/experience.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must have a limited knowledge of all Cummins engines.
· Must have electrical knowledge related to ClimaCab units.
· Must be able to safely operate all testing equipment and tools.
· Must be able to interact with customers in an effective, positive and professional manner.
· Ability to drive a forklift.
· Demonstrate a commitment to personal and worksite safety.
· Desire to continuously develop and improve skills for high job performance.
We offer excellent benefits for our employees. Benefits include:
· 401K with employer match
· Continued training/education with tuition assistance
· Paid vacation/holidays/uniforms
· A competitive wage and much more.
We offer a growth opportunity for those who are willing to learn and develop their skills.
If interested, please apply online now.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Cummins Crosspoint, LLC participates in E-Verify