Diesel Technician Needed - Medium / Heavy Duty
First Vehicle Services (FVS) is North America’s leading provider of customized onsite fleet maintenance services. Since 1978, we have provided diverse fleet maintenance at private fleet, petrochemical, utility and government facilities throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Our fleet maintenance programs are specifically designed for onsite maintenance delivery. What’s more, our technicians are solely dedicated to maintaining your fleet at your facility. Unlike other outsourcing options that utilize shared services at a third-party facility, our staff is onsite and ready to respond when you need them most—keeping you on the road.
From time to time FVS has positions open which gives us the opportunity to further enhance our team. At this time we are looking for a Diesel Technician .
This employee will perform the following duties:
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle repair
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall, and adjust vehicle components
- Engine Components: Air Conditioning, Driveline Components, Electrical / Electronic Components, Brakes / Suspension / Steering / Exhaust, Cab / Chassis Hydraulics
- Ensure work orders are completed properly
- Select appropriate course of action for repairs
- Evaluate completed work prior to release
- Ensure safe use of power and hand-held tools
- Perform road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Communicate professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed
Must have a high school diploma, or equivalent
Must be at least 18 years of age
A minimum of five (5) years direct automotive repair experience
Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment
ASE Certifications Preferred
Must have a valid driver’s license
CDL license is strongly preferred
Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set
Must have excellent communication skills, bringing demonstrated abilities of building solid relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates.
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Drug Screening is a condition of employment.
Click on Apply Now to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
FirstGroup - 21 months ago
First Vehicle Services is the largest public sector provider of vehicle maintenance and ancillary support services in the US. We provide...