Under limited supervision, maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining trucks. Responsible for keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and performing diagnostic testing of trucks. Completing preventative maintenance, such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and tire changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters. Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining trucks
- Responsible for keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and performing diagnostic testing of trucks
- Completing preventative maintenance, such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, and tire changes, replacing filters
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Installs repairs and maintains diesel truck engines. Examines trucks, repair, and overhaul, and adjust truck brake systems
- Installs and repair air conditioners and service components
- Performs diagnostic engine repair. Diagnose and repair anti-lock braking system
- Conducts routine D.O.T. truck inspections and maintenance
- Adjust and realign brakes
- Test drives vehicles
- Reviews work orders and discusses with Team Leader
- Follows check list to ensure all important parts are examined
- Provides road repair on vehicles as needed
Required Education & Certification:
- Two (2) or more years' experience working on diesel trucks/vehicles
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the truck maintenance field
- Certified Heavy Duty Diesel mechanic with Hazmat
- Able to perform heavy duty physical activity, including bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, pulling, lifting up to 75 lbs
- Possesses a Motor Vehicle Mechanic Certification is highly preferred
- Possesses a Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification (Diesel Engines) is preferred
- CDL A-B with Hazmat endorsement is preferred
- Possesses an Engine Performance & Brakes Certification is preferred
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment. Atlas Oil Company's CEO, Sam Simon personally facilitates his course on Corporate Culture to newly hired team members.
Atlas Oil Company's Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create Win/Win Solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics
- Grow or Go
- Pride and Image
- Customer Focus
- Solution Driven
- Do the Right Thing
Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company's dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
- Our consumer with a total fuel solution
- Our team members with career challenges and rewards
- Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within. Our team members are our most valuable assets and we invest in them through seminars, training and rewarding career opportunities.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Atlas Oil Company provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight and height or military status, in accordance with applicable federal laws.
Atlas Oil Company - 17 months ago