Diesel Mechanic - Diesel Technician Needed!
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus equipment.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
- Inspects, tests, and aligns bus lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards. Adjusts equipment to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
- Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts. Oils and greases vehicles; changes filters.
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized mechanic tools and equipment.
- Can trouble shoot and repair vehicle air conditioning equipment.
- Performs limited bodywork and repainting on vehicles after a breakdown or accident.
- Maintains part usage records and orders repair parts from designated suppliers. May be required to maintain small parts storeroom.
- Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
Our School Bus Technicians must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have high school diploma (or equivalent) and transportation experience
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license
- Mechanical and / or Diesel experience
- Computer literacy (or desire and ability to learn)
- Ability to work as a team member and deliver quality service
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have own set of hand tools
- Must be able to work in a crouched position or on back lying on mechanic’s dolly beneath motor vehicle equipment; subjected to dust, dirt, and grease conditions.
- Be able to pass our background investigation and drug screen.
124 Selleck Street
Stamford, CT 06902
Click on Apply Now to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Drug screening is a condition of employment.
First Student knows that a student's first assignment is to get to school, safely and on time. Together, First Student and sister company...