Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the Rocky Mountains, Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 3 1 states.
We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at our Waste Connections of Tennessee site in Memphis, TN. Diesel Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Performs repairs, inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Must be proficient in computerized engine management and body systems and have the ability to interpret and read diagnostic repair manuals and schematics.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”. For more information please visit www.wasteconnections.com . Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). Please apply online only, walk in applications will not be accepted.
- 3 years experience in heavy truck diagnostic and repair; completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- CDL Class B with Air Brakes.
- State MVR a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must have professional set of mechanic tools.
Waste Connections - 21 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...