Join Waste Connections, Inc./County Waste, and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row, Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 30 states.
We have an immediate position open for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of trucks at our County Waste site in Clifton Park, NY. Diesel Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment in a family atmosphere are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- The shift is approximately from 3pm-1am Monday thru Friday, and every other Saturday.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in a drug free environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
- 2 Years of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair, or completion of accredited vocational technical school program in Diesel Mechanics
- CDL Class A or B is a plus; Ability to obtain a Class A or B in the future is required
- State MVR a plus.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Provide personal tools.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
Waste Connections - 14 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...