- Perform troubleshooting and complete repair on engines, chassis and sub-assemblies within a reasonable and expected time frame while maintaining an acceptable level of quality workmanship.
- Understand and complete various shop paperwork, including time reports and work order reports.
- Participate in keeping shop area clean at all times, and/or keep company vehicle clean and in good repair at all times.
- Properly maintain and interpret various product/service information sources including parts microfiche, service manuals and product support bulletins.
- Successfully complete on a timely basis all Cummins required training courses.
- Continually improve upon mechanical ability by home study course, service parts topics, and other schools and training offered by the company.
- Assist in mentoring and training of apprentice service technicians.
- Assist customers as necessary
- Provide assortment of hand tools needed to do repairs, as well as basic electrical/electronic meters.
Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Minimum of two years experience performing engine and/or truck repairs preferred.
- Basic theoretical and practical knowledge required for the repair of engines, chassis and sub-assemblies.
- Complete knowledge of branch and company operations and policies.
- Ability to use windows-based computer software.
Cummins Atlantic - 15 months ago
If it's comin' around the mountain, it could have a Cummins' engine powering it. The company makes about half of its revenues...