Tendercare Birchwood is adding to their Nutrition Services department.
Please send resume to Jeff Smith at email@example.com
SUMMARY : Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations; Extendicare standards and procedures; and as directed by the Nutrition Services Manager to ensures that quality food service is provided at all times. Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
1. *Prepares food in accordance with sanitation regulations, as well as Extendicare standards and procedures.
2. Reviews menus prior to preparation of food.
3. *Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus, standardized recipes and production sheets.
4. *Prepares food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
5. *Makes only authorized substitutions. Assists with documentation of these.
6. *Prepares and serves meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance, garnished, and at the proper temperature on a timely basis.
7. Reviews extended menus with serving staff.
8. *Takes and records temperatures on all food served.
9. *Assists in serving meals as necessary from the steamtable or transferring food delivery carts. Follows posted mealtimes.
10. *Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
11. *Ensures that food and supplies for the next day’s meal are readily available.
12. *Assists in inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc., as necessary. Moves and lifts stock and equipment as necessary.
· Knows and follows facility rules.
14. *Performs administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms and reports, and submits them to the Nutrition Services Manager as directed.
15. *Ensures that all dining services procedures are followed in accordance with established procedures as directed by the Nutrition Services Manager.
16. *Processes diet changes and new diets upon receipt from nursing services, as directed by Nutrition Services Manager.
17. *Follows timed activity schedule.
18. Follows facility dress and personal hygiene policies.
1. *Participates in departmental studies and projects as directed.
2. Coordinates Nutrition Services with other departments as directed by the Nutrition Services Manager.
3. *Assists in training and orientation of Nutrition Services employees.
4. *Works with the facility’s dietitian and implements recommended changes.
5. *Performs other duties as directed by facility management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Meets all health requirements imposed by law.
2. Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff.
3. Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
4. Ability to withstand sudden temperature changes from the heat of the kitchen to the cold of the freezer.
5. Ability to taste and smell food to determine quality and palatability.
6. Previous cooking experience preferred .