The Dietary Aide is responsible for assisting in the preparation and serving of food using portion control procedures, ensuring that food and supplies are available and assist in inventory and storing incoming food, and assisting in the cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and utensils under the supervision of the Dietary Services Manager or Cook.
· High school diploma or GED indicating that associate has demonstrated reading, writing, and math skills as well as an ability to consistently follow oral written directions
· Must have basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software
· Must be articulate and personable as well as be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, incoming visitors and associates at all levels.
· Must maintain regular and punctual attendance.
· Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam, if required. This requirement also includes criminal background investigation and reference inquiry.
· Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation
Prior kitchen experience preferable.
Prior Long Term Care experience preferable.