The Dietitian leads the processes in place to ensure that the patients|
' nutritional needs are met. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conducts and implements comprehensive nutritional assessments for patients
- Assesses, plans, writes and evaluates patient diets.
- Plans menus in accordance with patient dietary requirements and general dietetic standards and regulations.
- Instructs and counsels patients on dietary restrictions/recommendations.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams providing input regarding treatment plans.
- Directs and supervises personnel in the process of planning, preparing, and serving food to patients.
- Maintains records of patient reaction to prescribed diets.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelors Degree in Dietetics or Nutrition required.
- American Dietetic Association Registration strongly preferred (R.D.)
- Must have current state licensure as a Dietitian (L.D.)
- Previous experience as a hospital dietitian preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs
HCA Inc - 16 months ago
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...