Requisition Number: WE-5036
Area of Interest: Creative Services
Division: Corporate West Elm
Position Type: Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION Since our first catalog launch in 2002; our brand, our stores, our story is continually evolving. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart, hard working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community, and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand. Our corporate office is located in the D.U.M.B.O district of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a community driven company and are happy to call Brooklyn our home.
The digital design team at West Elm is in an exciting period of transition where we are developing a design-oriented workflow. We are looking for leaders to help guide and facilitate this transition, and people who enjoy taking initiative, seizing opportunity, and being involved in developing process.
Digital Art Director:
This role is responsible for both leading a small team of designers to create high-level design concepts for seasonal branding efforts and user experience components of West Elm’s digital channels, as well as participating in this concepting and execution. You will be guiding cross-channel projects and managing communication with digital partners to find solutions that solve both creative and business needs.
The time spent in this role will be split evenly between design & management responsibilities. As important as a strong book is a demonstrated love of working with people, as 50% of the time in this position will go to developing designers and collaborating with digital teams to build and facilitate process. The Digital Art Director should be a leader who can inspire and develop people, and is as excited about helping designers build and refine their concepts and design skills as they are about creating their own work.
Your book should include UX work and thinking and screen-based design, as well as killer attention to detail, especially in type. Please share examples of your work that you feel relate to West Elm’s aesthetic, whether professional or personal.
• Lead a team of 3 designers to concept & execute seasonal campaigns and development of brand aesthetic for the screen, across all West Elm’s digital initiatives
• Partner with Site manager and front end developer to lead & execute UX/UI projects
• Work closely with project managers and merchants to obtain all relevant information, technical requirements and timelines for each project
• Develop identity and collateral for brand-expanding initiatives
• Independently identify issues and resolutions
• Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
• Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team
• Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
• Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business
• Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
• Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
• Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 3-5 years experience designing for web and digital media
• Strong understanding of user experience and user interface
• Some leadership/management and/or teaching experience
• Excellent typography skills
• Fluent in Photoshop and In-Design, HTML/CSS experience a plus
• Ecomm experience a plus
• Photo experience a plus
- 22 months ago - save job
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...