AFS-USA works towards a more just and peaceful world by providing international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities through a global volunteer partnership.
AFS-USA is particularly proud of its staff of over 180 people. AFS-USA is equally proud of its network of more than 5000 volunteers located in communities throughout the United States. Our staff and volunteers work in partnership to deliver quality intercultural exchange programs to adolescents and adults, both those interested in coming to the U.S. as well as those U.S. citizens interested in experiencing life abroad.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Marketing Coordinator is to support Marketing & Communications operations for AFS-USA. The Digital Marketing Coordinator reports to the Manager of Digital Marketing and Web Strategy, but works in close collaboration with the rest of the Marketing team to support both every day and long term projects.
- Publicize AFS events and announcements through social networking sites, the website, and email communications.
- Track and report out on web analytics, including landing page optimization, general web traffic, and A/B testing.
- Update copy on website as needed.
- Provide local AFS team website support to volunteers.
- Document workflow for posting on website and social media, and develop guidelines to improve efficiency
- Create documentation and tutorials for common posting on website tasks
- Pull segmented lists for regularly scheduled marketing messages.
- Create and maintain email templates.
- Send correspondence, newsletters and surveys to various groups of AFS constituents.
- Perform A/B testing with email subject lines and landing pages.
- Track and report out on email marketing efforts and survey results to drive best practices.
- Create and add informative and meaningful content to eNewsletters.
- Manage and add to the AFS-USA image library for both internal and external audiences through Flickr, the blogs, and our email platform.
- Assist with the design and implementation of innovative social networking campaigns to increase awareness and drive conversion of AFS participants.
- Capture, organize and archive use user generated content gained through social networking channels and outreach campaigns.
- Organize, maintain, and update the AFS Blogs, Flickr account, and the AFS YouTube channel.
- Support content creation and postings for Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets.
- Support the Lead Management team by helping to maintain data cleanliness, including duplicate merges mass updates, and unsubscribes for both hosting and sending.
- Process returned physical mail and address updates.
- Assist as needed with lead card data entry and bulk content uploads.
- Generate reports as needed for email campaigns, catalog mailing lists, and data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with a focus in marketing or communication, and/or related work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and to take initiative.
- Sound time management skills and professional judgment.
- Able to deal with shifting and conflicting priorities.
- A keen eye for detail, while able to see the big picture.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Basic HTML and/or some experience with web programming.
- Graphic Design skills, basic knowledge of Photoshop
Salary and Benefits
AFS-USA is committed to attracting and retaining top quality staff. One way we support this goal is to offer a competitive benefits package. AFS-USA's wide array of benefits (including but not limited to health and dental coverage, retirement plan, short-term and long-term disability, fully funded life insurance, generous time-off, and commute reimbursement) not only enhance your financial security and well-being, but also add significantly to your total compensation.
The Marketing and Communications department is located in the New York, NY office. The Digital Marketing Coordinator will work full time, and must be able to work Monday-Friday.. During peak times of the year, the work schedule may require work on nights and weekends.
It is the policy of AFS-USA to provide equal employment opportunity in all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other unlawful basis. Our goal is to foster a diverse workforce which reflects a broad spectrum of society and maintain an organization free from unlawful discrimination towards any employee or applicant for employment. Full commitment to this policy is required to produce a work environment in which we can take pride.