WIVB-TV News 4 and CW23 WNLO is looking for a Digital Media Manager to join our well-established and growing interactive team. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in website architecture, user experience design, digital marketing, and development – specifically, data management and optimization, programming and scripting languages. It's a hybrid position that requires strong news judgment along with technical skills and the intuition on how to marry both to produce engaging and empowering news elements for WIVB.com.
Along with producing interactive elements and custom web applications for the website, the Digital Media Manager is a cheerleader for digital initiatives, and is responsible for training, implementing new tech initiatives, and improving workflow and processes through the use of novel and new technology.
- Optimize and manage content for digital properties, both editorial and advertising-related
- Design and build custom web applications and interactive features using frameworks and APIs
- Provide regular reporting for website and online marketing initiatives
- Analyze data and develop recommendations to optimize the user experience
- Hands-on optimization, including keyword/phrase research, site structure, page construction, content, and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Keep up with industry trends and opportunities
- Manage content management system
- Works directly with news department and Digital Producers to generate brand-specific content on website that compliments on-air product
- Works closely with Digital Media Sales Director and sales staff to achieve sales-related content and advertising goals
- Understands broad station goals and works to deliver tactics to achieve them
Please apply online with a cover letter and resume, and recent link of your work (if applicable) at: firstname.lastname@example.org or WIVB-TV, 2077 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York, 14207.
- Understanding of the benefits of different web technologies (i.e. jQuery vs. Flash)
- Graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledge of new media, Internet related technologies, various mobile platforms, and current web trends, including social media and analytics
- Web design, web development and web management experience
- Experience with web and application servers and PHP-based content management systems
- Experience working with different digital video formats including streaming video technologies
- Ability to "think outside the box" for new solutions to interactive challenges
- Comfortable learning, analyzing and recommending new software
WIVB/WNLO - 18 months ago